Many people have become totally frustrated with the overhead and unnecessary complexity of Apple iTunes software. While iTunes does its job very well with respect to connecting customers to the Apple iTunes Store, it is somewhat restricted in its ability to organize and manage music files on your PC which are not related to iTune store purchases. Like burned CDs and other downloaded music from other vendors and sources. Maybe you have been frustrated with iTunes and would like to remove it completely or have removed it and want a good alternative replacement for iTunes?
Well, we did some research and discovered that MediaMonkey is the 3rd most popular media file manager software behind Apple’s iTunes (of course) and the stock Windows Media Player (no iPod support). The really cool thing about MediaMonkey as alternative software to iTunes and Windows Media Player is that it interfaced and syncs with iPods, iPhones, iPad and even the Android! (Other smart devices to follow). They are vendor neutral and work to provide a solution for ALL smart devices over time.
In our opinion an excellent alternative to iTunes is clearly MediaMonkey. They have a free trial version and will allow you to sync music files with your iPhone, iPod or iPad even the Android from what we understand. From their website:
- Organize music and edit tags in your audio library with a powerful, intuitive interface.
- Automatically lookup and tag Album Art and other metadata.
- Manage 50,000+ files in your music collection without bogging down.
- Manage all genres of audio: Rock, Classical, Audiobooks, Comedy, Podcasts, etc.
- Play MP3s and other audio formats, and never again worry about varying volume.
- Record CDs and convert MP3s, M4A, OGG, FLAC and WMA files etc. into other formats.
- Create playlists and let Auto-DJ & Party Mode take care of your party.
- Sync iPhones, iPods, & MP3 players, converting & leveling tracks on-the-fly.
- Plus much more…